Sanctuary Temperature The Property Team is working with our air conditioning system to adjust the temperature in the sanctuary. The system has been set at 75 degrees and the system’s thermostat relays have bottomed out at 73 degrees. However, other thermometers have recorded the room temperature as 69 degrees. The Property Team is working to correct this issue and reach a more comfortable temperature. Thank you for your patience as this is worked out.
Memory Loss Happens – What about when it is beyond normal memory loss? The Alzheimer Association is offering online webinars to help better understand dementia so as to empower the care givers and family members. Click this link for more information. CareGivers. More questions? Contact Corinne Rhoades at Libbie’s Place Adult Day Center (409) 741-2538.
Are you a Thrivent member? If so, are you aware that twice a year you can apply for $250 Action Team grants through Thrivent? These are used to help with events or donations sponsored by First Lutheran Church? Instead of losing the $500 per year, you can be participating in Thrivent’s generosity program to help communities and causes. Will you be a good steward of God’s gift? If you have any questions, you can call: Donna Spencer at (713) 816-3338 or Brenda Concienne at (409) 370-6119.
Thank you from the Mission Team.
The Mission Team is again requesting our members to open their hearts for animals in need for the month of June. Last March we began this project, but unfortunately COVID19 shut down our church in the middle of our collection. The Galveston Humane Society feed and care for rescued/homeless dogs and cats.
The current NEEDS are:
- Medical – Rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, disposable food trays, latex gloves
- Cleaning products – Bleach, paper towels, liquid laundry soap, disinfectant wipes
- Office supplies – Laser printer/copy paper, pens, post it notes, batteries (AA/AAA)
Prefer to share some LOVE?
- Dogs – Kongs, chew ropes, sturdy toys (no stuffed animals please), canned puppy food
- Cats – Kitty litter, cat toys, canned kitten food
OR if you’d like to give a gift card, Amazon, Home Depot, PetSmart, Target, Office Depot, Randall’s, Kroger, WalMart and Sam’s Club are always very welcome!
Helping Hands Ministry Within - The Mission Team had just began the work of our in-church ministry designed to help us to help each other when COVID decided to interrupt our plan. Here is preview of what this new mission is all about and why you should be excited:
- Who? We are a group of members from First Lutheran who want to help other members of our congregation.
- What? We are a ministry designed to assist members with household tasks or small repairs that they cannot complete on their own. Some examples include: small item removal, fixing sticking doors, changing light bulbs, moving items from house to garage or attic, trimming hedges as well as many other small household chores. The team cannot complete repairs on an emergency basis, resolve major problems, or undertake jobs that would be dangerous or present a liability issue.
- When? Our goal is to have Helping Hands Ministry Within operational in the Summer of 2021. As with any new endeavor we expect to encounter roadblocks along the way so we are asking for your patience!
- Where? We will be available to help you at your residence.
- Why? Everyone needs a Helping Hand at one time or another!
- How? Complete the Helping Hands form, available in the narthex, with name, contact information, and type of assistance needed. Place the form in the Helping Hands box and a member will contact you.
For more information please contact James Gainer at 409-771-0712or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave a message and Jim will respond as soon as he is able.
Worship Virtually – Sundays 10:00 am
Worship Safely In Person – Sundays 10:00 am
You are encouraged to join in worship either safely in person or virtually every Sunday.
As the pandemic continues to churn in our world, First Lutheran continues to require that masks be worn and kept on during worship services or other events at the church. Those leading worship in chancel will removed their masks while speaking so as to provide clear communication for both those worshipping in person and those on line. Otherwise, everyone is required to keep their mask over their mouth and nose. Please be vigilant and encouraging to one another in observing this for the safety of all. The reality is that case numbers are rising – hopefully we can help lower those numbers and keep things moving.
HOME Holy Communion Package: If you need home communion supplies as you worship virtually, please contact the Church Office as 409-762-8477 to arrange for your package of wafers.
- In-person: 100
- Virtually Online (Includes Facebook, YouTube, and Website views):
Children's Message: 89 views
Sermon: 118 views
Worship Service: 206 views
This Week’s Birthdays
- Cy Eilers 14th
- Carolyn Henson 14th
- Ryan Johnson 14th
- Liesel Dell'Osso 16th
- Paul Flick 16th
- Julie Holland 16th
- Tom Holmes 16th
- Trey Kirkpatrick 16th
- Carissa Albarran-Geml 17th
- Greta Capek 17th
- Jonathan Frank 17th
- Kathryn Booth 18th
- Bobby Sanderson 18th
- Skippy Schaper 18th
- Donna Martin 19th
- Paul & Jeanette Flick 21st