Sanctuary Temperature The Property Team is working with our air conditioning system to adjust the temperature in the sanctuary. The system has been set at 75 degrees and the system’s thermostat relays have bottomed out at 73 degrees. However, other thermometers have recorded the room temperature as 69 degrees. The Property Team is working to correct this issue and reach a more comfortable temperature. Thank you for your patience as this is worked out.
Memory Loss Happens – What about when it is beyond normal memory loss? The Alzheimer Association is offering online webinars to help better understand dementia so as to empower the care givers and family members. Click this link for more information. CareGivers. More questions? Contact Corinne Rhoades at Libbie’s Place Adult Day Center (409) 741-2538.
Are you a Thrivent member? If so, are you aware that twice a year you can apply for $250 Action Team grants through Thrivent? These are used to help with events or donations sponsored by First Lutheran Church? Instead of losing the $500 per year, you can be participating in Thrivent’s generosity program to help communities and causes. Will you be a good steward of God’s gift? If you have any questions, you can call: Donna Spencer at (713) 816-3338 or Brenda Concienne at (408) 370-6119.
Thank you from the Mission Team.
Magazines Needed - UTMB is now accepting magazines again. Instead of throwing old magazines away consider donating them. The bin will be back in the Narthex to collect them in. Jack Danner will take them and distribute them where they are needed.
Helping Hands Ministry Within - The Mission Team had just began the work of our in-church ministry designed to help us to help each other when COVID decided to interrupt our plan. Here is preview of what this new mission is all about and why you should be excited:
- Who? We are a group of members from First Lutheran who want to help other members of our congregation.
- What? We are a ministry designed to assist members with household tasks or small repairs that they cannot complete on their own. Some examples include: small item removal, fixing sticking doors, changing light bulbs, moving items from house to garage or attic, trimming hedges as well as many other small household chores. The team cannot complete repairs on an emergency basis, resolve major problems, or undertake jobs that would be dangerous or present a liability issue.
- When? Our goal is to have Helping Hands Ministry Within operational in the Summer of 2021. As with any new endeavor we expect to encounter roadblocks along the way so we are asking for your patience!
- Where? We will be available to help you at your residence.
- Why? Everyone needs a Helping Hand at one time or another!
- How? Complete the Helping Hands form, available in the narthex, with name, contact information, and type of assistance needed. Place the form in the Helping Hands box and a member will contact you.
For more information please contact James Gainer at 409-771-0712or email him at email@example.com. Leave a message and Jim will respond as soon as he is able.
Virtual Church Membership Have you connected with First Lutheran, Galveston online and desire to become a member of the congregation? In this new world of digital connections, let’s talk about what membership in First Lutheran looks like when you are not geographically near to Galveston. If interested in this conversation, contact Pastor Rhoades at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Worship Virtually – Sundays 10:00 am
Worship Safely In Person – Sundays 10:00 am
You are encouraged to join in worship either safely in person or virtually every Sunday.
As the pandemic continues to churn in our world, First Lutheran continues to require that masks be worn and kept on during worship services or other events at the church. Those leading worship in chancel will removed their masks while speaking so as to provide clear communication for both those worshipping in person and those on line. Otherwise, everyone is required to keep their mask over their mouth and nose. Please be vigilant and encouraging to one another in observing this for the safety of all. The reality is that case numbers are rising – hopefully we can help lower those numbers and keep things moving.
HOME Holy Communion Package: If you need home communion supplies as you worship virtually, please contact the Church Office as 409-762-8477 to arrange for your package of wafers.
- In-person: 117
- Virtually Online (Includes Facebook, YouTube, and Website views):
Children's Message: 55 views
Sermon: 97 views
Worship Service: 98 views
This Week’s Birthdays
- Virginia Pean 7th
- Trent Morgan 9th
- Craig Fos 13th
- Zach Williams 13th
- Paul and Darlene Badovinac 9th
- Henry and Ruby Wulf 11th