February 3, 2020
"Let your light shine....all around the neighborhood"
- The Evangelism Team
Helping Hands Ministry Within - Coming soon from The Mission Team is a new in-church ministry designed to help us to help each other! Brenda Concienne is going to do a short announcement about it this Sunday, but here is preview of what this new mission is all about and why you should be excited:
- Who? We are a group of members from First Lutheran who want to help other members of our congregation.
- What? We are a ministry designed to assist members with household tasks or small repairs that they cannot complete on their own. Some examples include: small item removal, fixing sticking doors, changing light bulbs, moving items from house to garage or attic, trimming hedges as well as many other small household chores. The team cannot complete repairs on an emergency basis, resolve major problems, or undertake jobs that would be dangerous or present a liability issue.
- When? Our goal is to have Helping Hands Ministry Within operational in the Spring of 2020. As with any new endeavor we expect to encounter roadblocks along the way so we are asking for your patience!
- Where? We will be available to help you at your residence.
- Why? Everyone needs a Helping Hand at one time or another!
- How? Complete the Helping Hands form, available in the narthex, with name, contact information, and type of assistance needed. Place the form in the Helping Hands box and a member will contact you.
For more information please contact James Gainer at 409-771-0712 or email him at email@example.com. Leave a message and Jim will respond as soon as he is able.
Lutherhill Camp 2020 - Rev. Rhoades will be an onsite chaplain at Lutherhill Camp for week 2 (June 14-19)—so plan now to have your child attend! Details will be sent out this week to those families with children.
Thank You to Troop 123 for assisting in worship Boy Scout Sunday yesterday! Also for providing Dutch Oven Cobbler for desert for our Oktoberfest Kick Off dinner following the wortership.
THANK YOU to the Men’s Club for hosting such wonderful meals for the congregation. Donations for the meals assist in making these available for everyone to enjoy. If you are interested in joining the Men’s Club, contact Jimmy Fundling or any of the members of the Men’s Club!
Lenten Small Groups You are invited and encouraged to join a small group for the journey of Lent this year. The small groups will use the ELCA World Hunger’s 40 Days of Giving Study Guide. “Lent is a time of reflection and repentance, of sacrifice and self-examination. But Lent is also a season of hope – hope in the work God is doing in the world, even in the most challenging times. This Lent, join ELCA World Hunger’s 40 Days of Giving as we journey with our neighbors in hope for a just world where all are fed.” These small groups will meet 5 times in the season of Lent to study and reflect, to deepen relationships and journey together in hope. Sign up now for a small group! Sign up sheets are in the Narthex and offer various times and locations.
Ash Wednesday Worship Schedule Plan now to attend Ash Wednesday worship at either 12 noon or 7:00 pm. Both services will include the Imposition of Ashes and Holy Communion. Begin the journey of Lent with worship!
Saturday – 42
Sunday – 127
This Week’s Birthdays
Ava Gerald 3rd
Rick Watkins 3rd
Jack Bennett 5th
Adam Palmer 9th
This Week at First Lutheran
Saturday - Worship Service, 5:30pm
Sunday – Worship Service, 10:00am
Thursday - Glori-Ana's Bible Study, 9:30am