Into the Bible, into the Bible, Dear Christians! (Luther) Fall Faith Formation offerings are now listed! Sign-up for your opportunities to engage in exploring God's Word and how we live it in our real lives! Sign-up sheets are in the Narthex online or you can call the Church Office. SIGN UP NOW!
The Mission Team is collecting teacher supplies during the month of July. Make sure to check out the Monthly Newsletter for ideas on what to donate. Teachers end up buying a lot of supplies out of their own pocket and donations will go a long way in helping them out in the fall.
THANK YOU to all who helped to make Vacation Bible School 2021 a wonderful experience!
THANK YOU to the Men's Club for a wonderful hamburger and hot dog lunch! It was a treat for us to be able to eat together and to enjoy fellowship.
THANK YOU to the crew that worked to seal the stone on the main sanctuary building and repaired the cross atop the Lyceum steeple. The restoration work is making progress!
Helping Hands Ministry Within - The Mission Team had just began the work of our in-church ministry designed to help us to help each other when COVID decided to interrupt our plan. Here is preview of what this new mission is all about and why you should be excited:
- Who? We are a group of members from First Lutheran who want to help other members of our congregation.
- What? We are a ministry designed to assist members with household tasks or small repairs that they cannot complete on their own. Some examples include: small item removal, fixing sticking doors, changing light bulbs, moving items from house to garage or attic, trimming hedges as well as many other small household chores. The team cannot complete repairs on an emergency basis, resolve major problems, or undertake jobs that would be dangerous or present a liability issue.
- When? Our goal is to have Helping Hands Ministry Within operational in the Summer of 2021. As with any new endeavor we expect to encounter roadblocks along the way so we are asking for your patience!
- Where? We will be available to help you at your residence.
- Why? Everyone needs a Helping Hand at one time or another!
- How? Complete the Helping Hands form, available in the narthex, with name, contact information, and type of assistance needed. Place the form in the Helping Hands box and a member will contact you.
For more information please contact James Gainer at 409-771-0712or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave a message and Jim will respond as soon as he is able.
The Mission Team is excited to add to our “Helping Hands Within” program that if you need transportation to the doctor, need an errand run or whatever we can help with transportation wise, please call Kay Henson Tucker @ 409-370-1318. If Kay is not available, she will contact someone else that hopefully can help. If you are interested in this program and would like to help, please let Kay know. Thanks for your ministry in Helping Hands Within.
Memory Loss Happens – What about when it is beyond normal memory loss? The Alzheimer Association is offering online webinars to help better understand dementia so as to empower the care givers and family members. Click this link for more information. CareGivers. More questions? Contact Corinne Rhoades at Libbie’s Place Adult Day Center (409) 741-2538.
Worship Virtually – Sundays 10:00 am
Worship Safely In Person – Sundays 10:00 am
You are encouraged to join in worship either safely in person or virtually every Sunday.
As stewards of the wellbeing of our community, the Church Council updated the pandemic protocols at the June Church Council meeting. You are encouraged to wear a mask as you enter and exit the building where close contact between vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals is possible. In the Sanctuary masks are strongly encouraged for those wo are not fully vaccinated. We will continue to utilize social distancing in the sanctuary. We will also continue to make masks and hand sanitizers available at the entrances of the building. Please be mindful of the most vulnerable in our midst, as children under the age of 12 are not eligible for the vaccine at this time.
HOME Holy Communion Package: If you need home communion supplies as you worship virtually, please contact the Church Office as 409-762-8477 to arrange for your package of wafers.
- In-person: 101
- Virtually Online (Includes Facebook, YouTube, and Website views):
Children's Message: 78 views
Sermon: 121 views
Worship Service: 113 views
This Week’s Birthdays
- Enrique Barrientos 19th
- Josh Hernandez 20th
- Frank Macaluso 20th
- Nadine Murphy 20th
- Cornel Schultz 20th
- Pete Bartosh 21st
- Bryson Peña 21st
- William Morales 24th
- Charlotte Blacketer 25th
- Colten Campbell 25th
- Jo Ann Smith 25th
- Matthew Worthen 25th