What We Believe and Confess
The Triune God
- that God relates with us in three distinct expressions – Father, Son and Holy Spirit—yet God is mysteriously three in one.
- that God the Father is our Creator; Jesus Christ, the Son, is our Savior; and the Holy Spirit is our Sanctifier, who brings us to newness of life.
Jesus Christ and Salvation
- that Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death and resurrection God fashions a new creation.
- that proclamation of God’s message to us as both Law and Gospel is the Word of God, revealing judgment and mercy through word and deed, beginning with the Word in creation, continuing in the history of Israel, and centering in all its fullness in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- that the canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the written Word of God.
- that inspired by God’s Spirit speaking through their authors, they record and announce God’s revelation centering in Jesus Christ.
- that through them God’s Spirit speaks to us to create and sustain Christian faith and fellowship for service in the world.
The Creeds and Confessions
Created and compiled by Mark U. Edwards Jr.